Mums and Bubs Pilates
Mums and Bubs Pilates (plus dads!) is an exercise class perfect for mums recovering from childbirth and getting back into exercise. The classes are run by a physiotherapist with an interest in women’s health and paediatrics (child development). Pilates is a gentle but challenging form of exercise that improves flexibility, posture, strength and muscle control and prevents injuries from occurring. This is particularly important after birth as pregnancy and child birth affect your posture, abdominal muscles, pelvic floor muscles and all of your joints. The class also promotes bonding as there’s lots of interaction with bub throughout the session. Part of the class revolves completely around bub, focusing on their physical, emotional and social developmental milestones.
- Attend your six-week check up with your doctor for your clearance to exercise
- We recommend booking an assessment with your physiotherapist to check your pelvic floor and abdominal muscles are recovering as expected
- Places are limited to six per class
- Secure your spot by booking a six-week block
- Private health find rebates available
- No need for a babysitter! However, bub must be under 24 months (or until they can crawl)
- The running of this class is completely determined by demand. Please call us to find out if this class is currently running in your area.
Book An Appointment or Get in Touch
Have a question or want to get in touch?
Call us during business hours, email us at [email protected] or submit an enquiry using the form below.